This role requires an individual with excellent business acumen, problem-solving ability, assertiveness, solution focused, passion, energy and follow through, as well as a participative management style.
The individual’s responsibilities include project management and the timeous delivery of all integrated commercial projects for Cosmopolitan. All projects must be within budget and within scope.
Project Management includes: Client liaison, setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities, ensuring content is published and rolled out, monitoring and summarizing progress of project for client and internal teams.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Support the Group Commercial Project Director and Cosmopolitan’s Editor with the execution of the commercial and business objectives of the brand.
- Ensure pitch briefs and proposals, received from Key Account Directors and Editorial teams, meet both client and brand objectives, are within budget, and are profitable to the business.
- Liaise directly with clients once a commercial campaign is sold. Communicate project plans, publishing dates and report delivery with client. Sign off all content with clients before it goes live.
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on time, within scope and within budget.
- Receive all commercial briefs from Key Account Directors – interpret the brief, understand the budget and brief production into the creative process for deliverables and output
- Be able to think proactively, provide thought starters for the briefs and be forthcoming with creative solutions and references for clients. This is not an admin / process only role. The ideal candidate should be creatively driven too.
- Ensure all pitched briefs and sold campaigns are approved by the COSMO brand team.
- Work closely with the entire editorial team, including the Creative Director, Editor and Digital Director, to be fully aware of the editorial grid and be able to actively spot synergies between commercial and editorial opportunities.
- Assist in the definition of project scope and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility (where applicable).
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects, across platform and according to brief. Take charge of assigning all tasks for a project – e.g. briefing the designer, copywriter, Fashion/Beauty Director.
- Ensure resource availability and allocation. Book suppliers where necessary – studio, photographer – work alongside the editorial team to set up shoots and deliver call sheets for crew.
- Manage all supplier invoicing for commercial campaigns, sign off against the client budget and ensure payment.
- Develop a detailed project plan to monitor and track progress.
- Manage changes to the project scope, project schedule and project costs – be agile and able to think on feet / provide solutions.
- Work alongside the digital and technical team to brief in reports for the client and ensure the client is updated on performance.
- Track campaign performance, be able to identify where a campaign is underperforming and why, and resolve or flag and suggest a change of tact where necessary.
- Meet with clients to take detailed briefs and clarify specific requirements of each project.
- Oversee the procurement of COSMO competitions, briefing communication into the Editorial Team.
- Meet budgetary objectives and make adjustments to project constraints based on financial analysis.
- Manage small Cosmopolitan events that do not fall under the Special Projects / Brand Extension scope.
- Assist Special Projects team with the non-event related deliverables of campaign(s)
- Perform other related brand duties as assigned.
- 2 -4 years experience in a Project Manager/Traffic/Client facing role
- Experience working on Chase software (advantageous)
- Bachelor’s Degree in appropriate field of study or equivalent work experience
- Proven track record and experience in account/project management role
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent and effective interpersonal skills and a strong ability to communicate complex issues across departments and with external contacts
- Solid organisational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Experience in a digital agency considered a plus
- Real passion for digital essential
- A creative entrepreneur with a flair for identifying and exploiting gaps in the market and passion for the brand, and being able to articulate this in a commercial way – be a storyteller.
- A perfectionist with an eye for detail
- A strong project manager with the ability to produce accurate project cost to profit estimates and the wherewithal to ensure a project is produced to budget
- A fantastic people person with the ability to draw out the best from colleagues from across the business
- Productive mindset, excellent organisational skills & efficient (completes expected amount of work, to the highest standards, timeously)
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) and project management skills
- Enjoy working as part of a team
- Ability to handle stress and cope under deadline pressure
- Ability to work with budgets (with accuracy and attention to detail)
- Well-rounded knowledge of the magazine production process and the role digital plays within this
- Highly organised with excellent time management skills
- Task-oriented and self-motivated
- Driver’s license and own transport
Being an AMP Employee
The character of the Company and the people within it has to build this, and that’s why we look for inspirational, courageous, provocative team players that want to be a part of the Associated Media Publishing family.
PASSION – Someone who shows enthusiasm, zeal, drive, slay, motivation, energy, inspiring, innovative.
PURPOSE – Everything we do is done with 2 specific intentions, firstly to inspire and grow our tribes, secondly to deliver opportunities for our Advertisers to engage with our tribe.
CHUTZPAH – Someone who is born of an entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude. Innovative thinking pro-active doing, pushing boundaries, leading by example, risk taking, innovative thinking, forever learning, trailblazing, game changer.
INNOVATION – Someone who is ideas and goal driven, impactful, value add, strategic thinking, sees opportunity, zero chill, brave, on point, bold, dynamic, revolutionary, agile, go getter, motivated, determined.
PROFESSIONALISM – Someone who is always striving for excellence, trustworthy, courteous and respectful, honest, open and transparent, always ethical, honorable and act with integrity at all times, competent and improves continually.