The candidate will be required to develop, execute and manage the multi-platform sales strategy for your specific portfolio of clients with the Head of Commercial and the Group Commercial Project Director, in order to meet targets set.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Devise quarterly and annual sales strategy for your portfolio of clients, with annual priorities and quarterly objectives with the Head of Commercial and Group Commercial Project Director.
- Implement, execute and manage this strategy for sales on a daily basis in order to meet and exceed advertising targets set.
- Manage time effectively and track calls, meetings and the conversion of these meetings into sales to report to the Head of Commercial on a weekly basis.
- Have client meetings for the week planned in advance and ensure that these meetings align with your objectives to meet and exceed your print and digital targets.
- Responsible for meeting all advertising sales targets set for your specific portfolio in print, digital and special projects where specified by the Head of Commercial.
- Accountable for bringing in new business to grow the existing portfolio.
- Compile, create and present PowerPoint presentations to key clients around particular business needs in a compelling fashion, also representing AMP and brand in a professional manner and according to the brand creative guidelines
- Keep up to date with industry sales trends and competitor activity in conjunction with the Media Strategist, Head of Commercial and Group Commercial Project Director, relating to your portfolio and beyond.
- Utilise the Media Strategy resource to develop strategic sales plans, proposals and presentations in order to convert presentations to sales.
- Report sales results and stats on a weekly, quarterly and annual basis and give relevant feedback to management team.
- KNOW HOW TO CLOSE A DEAL
- Essential: 2 years Advertising Sales experience across multiple platforms
- Strong proven sales and negotiation background (proven ability to broker and “close the deal!”)
- Thorough understanding of digital platforms: web and mobile
- Thorough understanding of social media
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong entrepreneurial and creative flair, able to think laterally
- Excellent networker, able to develop cross-cultural relationship swiftly
- Good organisational skills and strong attention to detail
- Good team worker who can handle deadlines and work effectively under pressure and a problem solver
- Passion and drive!
- Valid driver’s license, own transport and ability to travel
- Be well groomed and professionally represent the brand at functions and workshops during and out of office hours
Being an AMP Employee
The character of the Company and the people within it has to build this, and that’s why we look for inspirational, courageous, provocative team players that want to be a part of the Associated Media Publishing family.
PASSION – Someone who shows enthusiasm, zeal, drive, slay, motivation, energy, inspiring, innovative.
PURPOSE – Everything we do is done with 2 specific intentions, firstly to inspire and grow our tribes, secondly to deliver opportunities for our Advertisers to engage with our tribe.
CHUTZPAH – Someone who is born of an entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude. Innovative thinking pro-active doing, pushing boundaries, leading by example, risk taking, innovative thinking, forever learning, trailblazing, game changer.
INNOVATION – Someone who is ideas and goal driven, impactful, value add, strategic thinking, sees opportunity, zero chill, brave, on point, bold, dynamic, revolutionary, agile, go getter, motivated, determined.
PROFESSIONALISM – Someone who is always striving for excellence, trustworthy, courteous and respectful, honest, open and transparent, always ethical, honorable and act with integrity at all times, competent and improves continually.