We are looking for an HR Officer (Generalist) who has a thorough understanding of the full employee cycle and possesses strong Recruitment, Skills Development and HR Administration skills, as well as a working knowledge of South African Labour Law.
We are a vibrant and creative environment so experience with servicing creatives would be ideal as an innovative approach to HR Practice would be advantageous.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Accurate processing of and reporting on all leave management on ESS
- Management of all employee files (electronic), keeping them up to date with all relevant information, completing monthly and annual checks which includes the salary review process
- Accurate database management of all employees, past and current which includes freelancers, temporary employees and interns
- Data management of the annual Skills Plan and Training Report, accurate monthly and annual reporting and the completion and submission of a WSP/ATR for the two companies, AMP within the SETA deadlines.
- Manage unemployment insurance fund and workmen’s comp claims
- Ensure compliance with government and tax regulations and process labor statistic filings
- Responding to daily employee queries
- Submitting bi-annual tax submissions to SARS
- Sending & supplying employment contract to new appointments (Contract administration)
- New staff Induction
- Recruitment and Selection
- Exit interviews/Procedures
- BEE reporting & submissions
- Employment Equity report submissions
- Assisting with Health and Safety
- Performance management
- IR – incapacity, misconduct
- Monthly new staff mailer – gathering information
- Maintaining JD’s and KPI’s
- Health & Safety reporting & management
- Grade 12 or equivalent
- Appropriate HR qualification
- Must be mature and discreet and have experience dealing with highly confidential information.
- Must have excellent communication skills, strong analytical skills and ability to make sound decisions.
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation (BCEA, EE, Skills Act, and LRA) is essential.
- Strong technical skills (Excel, Word and Powerpoint) are essential.
- The ability to plan, organise, follow up, seek efficient and effective processes, analyse and report on people processes and metrics, and maintain a professional, approachable and confidential manner is critical. Attention to detail is essential.
- Well-developed verbal and written communication is important.
Being an AMP Employee
The character of the Company and the people within it has to build this, and that’s why we look for inspirational, courageous, provocative team players that want to be a part of the Associated Media Publishing family.
PASSION – Someone who shows enthusiasm, zeal, drive, slay, motivation, energy, inspiring, innovative.
PURPOSE – Everything we do is done with 2 specific intentions, firstly to inspire and grow our tribes, secondly to deliver opportunities for our Advertisers to engage with our tribe.
CHUTZPAH – Someone who is born of an entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude. Innovative thinking pro-active doing, pushing boundaries, leading by example, risk taking, innovative thinking, forever learning, trailblazing, game changer.
INNOVATION – Someone who is ideas and goal driven, impactful, value add, strategic thinking, sees opportunity, zero chill, brave, on point, bold, dynamic, revolutionary, agile, go getter, motivated, determined.
PROFESSIONALISM – Someone who is always striving for excellence, trustworthy, courteous and respectful, honest, open and transparent, always ethical, honorable and act with integrity at all times, competent and improves continually.