House and Leisure, South Africa’s much-loved decor, design and lifestyle magazine brand, is looking for a dynamic and energetic Digital Editor. The successful candidate will be helping a small but passionate team take our digital offering – across all platforms – to the next level!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for overseeing and curating of all owned digital assets, from a strategic, content production and commercial POV.
- Alongside the Editor and the digital management team, the Online Editor is responsible for leading, creating and implementing the online strategy with the objective of quality content production, online audience acquisition and community engagement across platforms.
- Works with Editor on leading the print content team to produce appropriate digital content in line with AMP’s aim to deliver an engaged audience.
- Manages content producers per applicable platform.
- Responsible for overseeing the activities and content of the brand on website, social media, email and any other owned online platforms.
- Responsible for identifying new potential commercial spaces on owned platforms.
- Manage editorial budget and the boosting of posts.
- Together with the rest of the HL team especially the Story Editors, produce appropriate content across all platforms, to drive audience acquisition and engagement.
- Responsible for ensuring that all the brand’s sites and platforms are up-to-date, relevant, on-brand, newsworthy, responsive, engaging.
- Ensure that all digital content is factually correct and professional.
- Load and manage all competitions, surveys, polls and other interactive components.
- Develop and implement achievable plans to increase page views, unique visitors, time spent on site and engagement.
- Responsible for production and ensuring deadlines are met.
- Manage the formatting, uploading and archiving of content.
- Co-ordinate the digital subbing process.
- Manage the mailing of the weekly web newsletters.
- Respond to online communications through website, email and social media communities.
- Implement SEO according to best practice.
- Co-ordinate the on-sale material for all platforms.
- Daily site checking and maintenance.
- Problem reporting and escalation.
- Train existing staff on best practices for online content management.
Social Media Management
- Manage, grow and protect the brand’s presence and image on social media.
- Explore opportunities to use social media to drive conversion from casual user to signed up tribe member.
- Manage enquiries and comments and drive social engagement.
- Post all client campaigns according to brief and within in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assist with ad hoc client changes and special requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Resolve urgent queries and comments on social media in a timely and professional manner.
- Reports to AMP Head of Digital and the HL Editor
- Produces and presents weekly reports to HL team, management team and content team.
- Evaluates the mechanics of social media platforms and generates reports on findings.
- Stays on top of social media and online environment, both locally and internationally, to implement changes, new ideas and best practices as they change in order to effectively deliver the communication and business objectives in line with digital strategy.
- 5 year’s experience in digital media
- 2-3 years experience in a similar role
- Strong web editor skills
- Content optimization knowledge
- Experience in social media management
- Experience in Content Marketing
- Capable of creating and implementing a digital strategy
- Good time management and ability to work to deadlines
- Good ability to prioritize and work well under pressure
- Strong language and communication skills
- Good level of professional English
- Basic HTML skills
- Good understanding of SEO
- Experience in uploading content and images on web-based CMS
- Basic production management skills
- Knowledge and exposure to various multimedia formats
- Leadership and team player
- Creatively minded. Solutions driven
Being an AMP Employee
The character of the Company and the people within it has to build this, and that’s why we look for inspirational, courageous, provocative team players that want to be a part of the Associated Media Publishing family.
PASSION – Someone who shows enthusiasm, zeal, drive, slay, motivation, energy, inspiring, innovative.
PURPOSE – Everything we do is done with 2 specific intentions, firstly to inspire and grow our tribes, secondly to deliver opportunities for our Advertisers to engage with our tribe.
CHUTZPAH – Someone who is born of an entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude. Innovative thinking pro-active doing, pushing boundaries, leading by example, risk taking, innovative thinking, forever learning, trailblazing, game changer.
INNOVATION – Someone who is ideas and goal driven, impactful, value add, strategic thinking, sees opportunity, zero chill, brave, on point, bold, dynamic, revolutionary, agile, go getter, motivated, determined.
PROFESSIONALISM – Someone who is always striving for excellence, trustworthy, courteous and respectful, honest, open and transparent, always ethical, honorable and act with integrity at all times, competent and improves continually.