We are looking for an experienced digital salesperson with a strong digital publishing background to take up the challenge of a Digital Advertising Sales Executive based in Cape Town.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Sell digital advertising solutions against set revenue targets on a monthly basis
- Devise a comprehensive annual strategy for the sale of integrated digital advertising solutions (including web, mobile, video, social media, and email newsletter advertising space) against pre-determined revenue targets, under leadership of the Head of Commercial and the Group Commercial Project Director
In performing this function, additional responsibilities will include:
- Regular communication with existing client and agency base.
- Canvassing of new clients (must be comfortable with cold calling) – be creative and innovative in attracting new advertisers to AMP’s digital properties.
- To approach all potential clients relevant to the portfolio and do regular personal presentations.
- Compiling sales presentations / proposals set around sales strategies and client needs and presenting this to clients.
- To meet and exceed the advertising revenue targets, as set out by management each month.
- To attend weekly sales meetings in order to monitor targets and feedback on the status of all clients.
- Understand and extract useful statistics in order to compile meaningful reports to management and / or presentations to clients.
- Strive to have all advertisers commit to long-term campaigns.
- KNOW HOW TO CLOSE A DEAL
Client liaison, customer service, networking and positive representation of the business
- To represent AMP nationally by seeing new clients on a regular basis and hosting them at relevant brand events where necessary.
- Develop and maintain a database of national clients’ information, and regularly update it.
- To build good working relationships with advertisers and agencies.
- Follow up on bookings and advertising material for clients within required deadline.
- Setting up client meetings / sales road shows.
Support team in achieving high quality end product
- Ensure that all IO’s and CI’s are in place, signed off and correct payment terms are adhered to with clients.
- Ensure a clear understanding of company booking terms & conditions.
- A commercial understanding of rates & offerings and discount structure allowed.
- Feedback of any industry information or product information to management and editorial team that could benefit the reader.
- Utilize research tools (Google Analytics/Effective Measure) to develop meaningful sales strategies, new ideas and commercial advertising opportunities for the brand.
- Maintain Associated Media Publishing’s visibility with clients and agencies (supported by regular visits etc).
- Strong sales personality
- Good digital agency client base already in place
- Good direct client database already in place
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Professional and passionate about AMP brands
- Excellent communication skills (written & verbal)
- Proactive, motivated and enthusiastic
- Presentation and relationship building skills
- Analytical mind and figure orientated, with a creative angle
- Tertiary qualification in sales & marketing an advantage
- 3 years relevant advertising sales experience
- Minimum 2 years Digital experience an advantage
- Established client relationships at a senior level
- Advanced PowerPoint and Excel skills
- Well groomed and able to attend client functions during and after hours
- Own Transport with valid drivers license
- Able to travel nationally when required
Being an AMP Employee
The character of the Company and the people within it has to build this, and that’s why we look for inspirational, courageous, provocative team players that want to be a part of the Associated Media Publishing family.
PASSION – Someone who shows enthusiasm, zeal, drive, slay, motivation, energy, inspiring, innovative.
PURPOSE – Everything we do is done with 2 specific intentions, firstly to inspire and grow our tribes, secondly to deliver opportunities for our Advertisers to engage with our tribe.
CHUTZPAH – Someone who is born of an entrepreneurial spirit and can-do attitude. Innovative thinking pro-active doing, pushing boundaries, leading by example, risk taking, innovative thinking, forever learning, trailblazing, game changer.
INNOVATION – Someone who is ideas and goal driven, impactful, value add, strategic thinking, sees opportunity, zero chill, brave, on point, bold, dynamic, revolutionary, agile, go getter, motivated, determined.
PROFESSIONALISM – Someone who is always striving for excellence, trustworthy, courteous and respectful, honest, open and transparent, always ethical, honorable and act with integrity at all times, competent and improves continually.